Tim Short Acura of West Virginia is proud to offer our customers a complimentary Lifetime Powertrain Warranty on almost every vehicle we sell! This warranty is an actual warranty on your powertrain components and is valid all over the U.S. and Canada.
What's the catch you ask, there isn't one! On all qualifying vehicles, you car is covered as long as you own it and no matter how many miles you drive it. All you have to do is maintain your vehicle in accordance with the manufacturers suggested maintenance schedule, it's that simple. The best part is that this isn't one of those warranties offered by some that require you service your vehicle at their local dealership. While we would love to have all your service work here at Tim Short CBG, bringing your car here for routine maintenance is not required to maintain the validity of your warranty. It is worth noting though that if you live in Charleston or one of the surrounding cities to Kanawha County, we do offer one of the most competitive labor rates in the South Charleston area.
So what vehicles qualify? All of our new vehicles with the exception of the NSX, and on the used side, most everything that is 8 years or newer with less than 90,000 miles on it qualify. The exceptions to that are most European cars and high performance cars. Everything else gets it! Over 95% of our inventory has this warranty applied to it at the time of purchase at absolutely no cost to you. As you browse our inventory we make every effort to make sure all the qualifying cars are clearly marked to make it easy to find your new car.
If you have any questions about the warranty, please feel free to call us at 304-744-0707
- Engine- Cylinder block and head(s), all internal lubricated parts including pistons, piston rings, wrist pins, connecting rods, rod and main bearings, crankshaft, camshaft(s) and bearings, followers, lifters, pushrods, rocker arms, rocker shafts, and bushings, balance shafts, valves, valve seats, valve guides, valve springs and retainers, oil pump, oil pump pick up, oil pump drive, and water pump.
- Transmission/Transfer Case- Automatic Transmission Equipped: Transmission case and all internal lubricated parts including oil pump, valve body, torque converter, governor, clutches, bushings, shafts, gear sets, bearings, vacuum modulator, dip stick and tube.
- Manual Transmission Equipped: Transmission case and all internal lubricated parts including shafts, bushings, bearings, gear sets, synchronizers, and shift forks.
- Drive Axle- Front Wheel Drive Equipped: Drive axle housing and all internal lubricated components including carrier case, gear sets, chain and sprockets, bearings, bushings, axle shafts, constant velocity joints and double offset joints (except if boot was damaged or missing)
- Rear Wheel Drive Equipped: Drive axle case and all internal lubricated parts including carrier, ring and pinion gears, gear sets, bearings, bushings, limited slip clutch pack, axle shafts, drive shaft(s), drive shaft support and u-joints.
- Four Wheel Drive/All Wheel Drive Equipped: All components listed under front wheel drive and rear wheel drive equipped are covered.
- Seals & Gaskets- Seals and gasket coverage included for the powertrain components listed above.